So Little Miss A has just turned 3 so it's time to see how we've got on with her 'Things To Do Now I Am 2' list as we've run out of time.
I haven't actually done any update posts on our progress during the year, but I'm pretty chuffed that we've managed to do 16 out of 19. A pretty good achievement I think!
2. Ice sensory play - this activity was pretty well received by Little Miss A. I did coloured ice cubes and also froze some plastic animals into ice blocks. You can read more about our Water Play with Ice activities.
4. Splash park / swim outdoors - one of my favourite days out from last year was taking Little Miss A to the Splash Park in Leighton Buzzard. She had such fun running around and getting very very wet! This Splash Park is definitely on our list to re-visit again this summer. She also had fun playing in water features at Stanwick Lakes in Northamptonshire and in Millennium Square in Bristol.
10. Go camping - we actually managed to go camping twice last year. We went Camping at Town Farm in April last year and then in late September we went Camping at Swiss Farm Cottage, near Henley. Going so early and late in the year, meant that the nights were very very cold but we survived!
12. Attend a Christmas carol concert - a couple of weeks before Christmas I took Little Miss A to a family service at a local Church where she got to hear lots of Christmas Carols.
14. Grow some flowers from seeds and 15. Plant some vegetables - last year we got some raised flower beds and set about planting vegetables in one side and flower seeds in the other. It was a learning curve for all of us - I usually just pop a few plants or bulbs in planters, not really grow anything from scratch. It was very hit and miss what grew and what didn't but it was fun.
17. Build a sandcastle - Little Miss A is becoming pretty good at constructing sandcastles now. She's had lots of practice in our little sandpit in the garden and then on beaches that we've visited throughout the year.
19. Find a geocache - we just managed to complete this one before time ran out! After a bit of research, I found that there was a geocache just round the corner from us. It took us two attempts to find it but now every time we pass the fence, Little Miss A comments about finding the object. I still need to understand a bit more about this but hope that we'll find lots more geocaches in the future.
3. Climb a mountain
8. Do a picture scavenger hunt
share this on »